If it is determined that you need a mouth guard then you will know about
so they will last longer. When you clench or grind unconsciously teeth Bruxism increases the mobility of the teeth, increases the loss of bone that holds them, teeth may feel sensitive to hot or cold foods, pain or difficulty when opening and closing the mouth, pain head, neck, shoulders, and a feeling of not waking refreshed.
Bruxism is related to stress and type of bite, it helps us to have as little stress as possible. Everyone is different, there are people who used meditation, relaxation exercises, other aerobic exercise which helps, prayer, including a conversation with a good friend or psychologist. You will want to seek medical attention since the condition could be TJD. Both conditions can be greatly helped with a mouth guard so you will need to know how to proceed with mouth guard care so there will not be an issue with bacteria.
For the mouth guard a mold is made to fit the upper teeth made of acrylic (plastic) that serves to remove stress while you sleep in order to prevent more damage. There are home kits such as the one to the above left so you can do it yourself.
Here are tips on proper mouth guard care :
- Keep stored in its case as it is transparent and very easy to throw it away, or miss place.
- Wash with a stiff bristle brush and liquid dish soap, Dial contains triclosan prevents bacterial growth. Do not wash with toothpaste.
- You can do a more thorough cleaning once a week by placing 2 drops of bleach in a cup of water and leave it for half an hour, wash again.
- Always take the mouth guard to appointments for your dentist to check and perform an ultrasonic cleaning and check the fit.
- Use at night to sleep and day only in situations that you notice the teeth clenching, or use as directed.
- If you have joint pain in front of the ear stop using them and contact your dentist.
There are different types of mouth guards so you will want to double check the instructions that come with the mouth guard to make sure there is nothing further that needs to be done. With the many brands there may also be variations in care so to be on the safe side whether you choose the disposable, over the counter or through your dentist, they will all need proper mouth guard care.
People of any age can suffer from teeth grinding teeth grinding or bruxism and require a
to help. It is most often caused by stress, anxiety, frustration or improper alignment of the teeth. As teeth grinding is a subconscious activity, it is difficult to avoid, but a night mouth guard for grinding teeth is one of the easiest tools and more useful to reduce side effects.
A mouth guard at night is a device that surrounds the teeth for protection. The guard Usually covers the top row of teeth or in the bottom row of teeth. Only rarely needed for both the the upper and the lower teeth. Its purpose is to prevent the upper teeth from grinding against the lower teeth.
A night mouth guard for grinding teeth can be purchased from a dentist, an orthodontist, without a prescription from a drug store or online. There are some factors to consider before buying a night mouth guard from any source:
- It should fit snugly. If it is bought at a drug store, it may not fit as well as a dentist bought mouth guard. A dentist will custom make a night mouth guard to shape the teeth and gums perfectly. However, no drug store brands that can be boiled and then formed within the mouth to create a custom fit – often almost as good as one taken from the dentist or orthodontist. Plus there are many that can be purchased online that are comparable.
- It should be of durable material, but should be soft in the mouth. Strong plastic or rubber are great choices. In general, the more expensive the mouth guard at night, the smoother and longer lasting.
- When possible, use a night guard that has a double wall. It will be better and last longer than only on the wall.
Use a mouth guard or grinding teeth at night is important for several reasons. For its part, will protect the enamel of the teeth. Also avoid chipped teeth, a symptom of bruxism. In addition, a mouth guard at night to avoid headaches and pain in the jaw – other symptoms of bruxism. One of the best reasons to wear a mouth guard at night is a big dream or provide free from the effects of teeth grinding.
It is important to discuss all options with a reputable dentist or orthodontist. Although in many cases, a mouth guard for grinding teeth at night can be the perfect solution, in other cases, there are better solutions – such as hypnotherapy management classes or behavior.